ARTBATTLES




Today I'm getting prepared for another Artbattles competition, tonight @ Le Poison Rouge on Bleeker st. In soho. Artbattles is a live painting comp. In which 6-10 artist work on a piece infront of a live artist and they vote at the end to determine the winner. In 2007 I got a bit of recognition from winning MTV's artbattles comp. Live @ mtv's' TRL studios. The win propelled me into a world of live painting and since I have created art in numerous clubs, lounges, shows etc. This was a major factor in my collecting so much work last year. Check (Arbattles.com), to see how the whole MTV thing went down check out (artbattles.MTV.com).
My good friend Sean Bono created the battles while attending Pratt Institute in BK back in like 01'? (don't quote me) and I remember doing my first battle in the schools student union center and loosing to a cat' named Ben Angotti, a trained fine art major/painter... Since,... I have gotten him back but it's still official to sharpen the sword and compete to push out something infront of a live audience that might surprise even yourself.
When I'm painting and my back is to an audience It's almost like I wrap myself in a blanket and become invisible, I tend to block out everything like when your dancing to a good song and can't see anything but your feet moving. The audience is like a voyer to a process very few get too experience, they get a first hand look at your imagination exposed, you stand naked (not literally) but open to a point that cannot be hidden or concealed. I unveal my truest self infront a canvas with people onlooking, so I guess you could say it's much more than just a live painting, it's more like performance art, stage art, some real B2=present time developed and capitalized on with intensity ad creativity.
ARTBATTLES PIECES-


MTV 07'PIECE




SHOUT TO SK8R ANTHONY-08' artbattles piece.

MY FIRST ARTBATTLES WIN PIECE-like idonno 01-02? Noletta House or someplace on Houston, it's wak but I still got it.

Comments

Vanessa Rey said…
Every piece you manifest is a winning one! Competition is your nature, vision is your genius. Bring forth the spectrums of light, particles of color,thought forms,as you do, sharing your gift and HAVE A GREAT TIME TONIGHT @ Artbattles Champ!

Popular Posts