Marithe Francois Girbaud - design and art connect.

@ my day job I do fashion graphics for Marithe Francois Girbaud. Being from New Orleans the capital of Girbaud jeans it's pretty funny I would end up working for a brand I watched my cousins match fresh jordans with at a time when I couldn't afford to be as fly, remember them "moms buying my clothes leaving them on the bed days" LOL, but fashion is a major part of my work. I search for patterns and prints in everyday things, looking for design inspiration while just walking up the block. In my paintings you may find stitch lines, graphic placements, text hits, tonal colors, and in my graphic design you will find the elements of the paintings, drips, color blocking, graffiti color sckemes, sneaker colorways, and a lot of the same textures I love to immulate. Finding balance between art, fine art, and fashion is somewhat a goal with all this.
MY WORK FEATURED IN JAN. COMPLEX MAG

Comments

Popular Posts