HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!! - MISS YOU NOLA

IF THERE EVER IS A DAY I WISH I WAS HOME, it's most def' today. Happy Birthday Ainty' June!! Happy (Madi-Gra') like we say. Everyday we celebrate, some days the Mos High celebrates with us... Here are a few picks of my favorite, the Mardi Gras Indians. The indians are a tradition in New Orleans and party alongside the Zulus. The Zulu parade is celebrating it's 100th year and is the tradition of the black folks in NO(our lil parade), some of the costumes take the full year to create and there's nothing like seeing a beuatiful indian dancing down the street.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for sharing such a personal thing with me and everyone. I know important your home is to you and what you have overcome with the loss of loved ones. Today is a great day to reflect on just that and know they protect you in your steps in life everyday.....peace and love
eriklyn said…
wow..I didnt know that they wore such beautiful clothes in this carnival! Have u worn it, too?
Tony CNCP said…
@Eriklyn, I haven't yet but i'm certain one day I will. When I was a kid I always dream of being King of the Zulu parade or having a Dope' Indian costume. Mardi Gras/New Orleans is my culture outside of HipHop. Totally created by my people.
eriklyn said…
hmmm I see.. I really like to know the new world..thanks concep! and Im sure that Indian costume will become u very much! ;)

Popular Posts