LIVE PAINTING w/ Fernando Mora & PESU(ol soulz) @ SULLIVAN ROOM's Libations' 03|0

Well I guess the photos I got tell a story, but lastnights work was dope and the first opportunity i've had to paint with my boy Fernando since his arrival a few weeks ago. I few flics leaked onto another page that I felt didn't serve the work justice but her it is from start to finish. Pesu and myself had just painted at a College show prior to arriving (will post flics) at Sullivan so we put the weight on Fernando do rock a centerpiece image and he mos def came thru. So here you go the collabro piece -









Success, please let me know what this piece inspires...thoughts, feelings etc.

Comments

At first I thought it was going to be nature (left) vs man (right)...with HER being the center...but it became something else...I think its the essence of a woman "trapped" or perhaps "dazed" (?) in/by today's world. 21 century madness, insanity, dark world in contrast to her ancestor's light, purity, clarity. It fits beautifully into my thought process lol! But I'm no art critic or Christie's catalogue writer (YET) PEACE!
Tony CNCP said…
@Shiva'sDiva - I believe the woman carries so much magic inside of her. This kinda represents that mystique that women control and repress at times...in my opinion? interestingly I deeply feel your linkage to man and nature, it's definitely there..Thanks!
Unknown said…
I see uprising....elevation.
“Our elevation must be the result of self-efforts and work of our own hands. No other human power can accomplish it. If we but determine it shall be so, it will be so.” Martin Delany

It's beautiful-Yazmin
Unknown said…
You know what I see...
A woman trapped in her own world with a man holding his hand out to her but she doesn't see him. She's focused and timing is everything! He is in the past A2 she is in the present B2 and the future is all around them C2. Just my thoughts, I have to run but Thank You for the inspiration.
eriklyn said…
Im so surprised that u did two show in a night. Where does ur crazy concentration come from, super man?? anyway, this collabo piece is so inspiring to me...cant explain! but it surely touched my heart...deeply!
Anonymous said…
it's really stunning. a sort of intense strength & beauty in quiet contemplation of self. i hope to catch one of the live painting events at some point! great work.
Tony CNCP said…
@ StephanieLand big thanks!

Popular Posts