Challenge


A concrete slab holding down the notion of light,
Wading through waters of uncertainty and struggle,
The ocean continues to circulate while its presence never leaves us,
The sun returns day by day to remind the soul of life and constant fire,
Inside my soul you can find the Shepard who's left his sheep to find his buried treasure,
The art is nocturnal,
The business is conducted on the polar opposite pendulum of the moon,
My weakness speaks to my strength in a whisper tone,
I wonder what my potnas in the hood are up to,
Sitting on the cutless supreme with a miller highlife and simple aspirations made difficult by uncontrollable circumstances,
I look up at the ceiling and find my prayers hitting a glass roof,
Release your troubles unto me and they will be hurdled as if the gold metal depended on each and every step taken,
I disappear so when you see me you may recognize something you once seen and never forgotten,
My words give light to dark, color to paint, and voice to the journey taken,
So let's see what tomorrow may bring,
These are the lyrics to my past, to my present, to my future.
Fin

Comments

Hosanna-Sophia said…
Aw Tone, this is a beautiful piece.
"I disappear so when you see me you may recognize something you once seen and never forgotten"
-love that.

Popular Posts