"FelaTimeless"-Live painting S.O.B's NYC "Felabration" party w/ DJs Ian Friday -n- Rich Medina /Another one down and from the interior.


The party was a celebration of the Broadway opening of the Fela Musical: A provocative hybrid of dance and Broadway musical, FELA! features the Afrobeat music of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, a book by Jim Lewis and the direction and choreography of Tony Award winner Bill T. Jones.


This painting flowed out in about two hours, in continuation with this whole color movement idea I have...The piece began with circles of color painted with a brush in each hand (the first time I painted with both hands simultaneously). I see something new evolving, I think I used about 12-14 colors to create what "I felt" was the energy of the music and the royalty of Fela(Happy Birthday)!
Top1Photocredit:www.lafotographeuse.com

Comments

Popular Posts